Austin County Commissioners Court – February 27, 2017 [VIDEO]
The Austin County Commissioners Court met Monday February 27, 2017 at 9 AM to discuss county business:
1. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
2. Discussion regarding internet service for Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service and Tax Assessor-Collector and action as appropriate.
3. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of a Computer for Tax Assessor-Collector.
4. Discussion on possible Fire Marshal position.
5. Consideration and possible action to authorize Seismic Survey. Permit between Austin County and Dawson Geophysical Company.
6. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Approval of Minutes
i. February 13, 2017
b. Consideration and possible action to accept report by Constable, Precinct 3 regarding Racial Profiling, Article 2.132 Texas Criminal and Vehicle Handbook.
c. Consideration and possible action to approve Right-of-Way installation by AT&T on Ward Bend Road in Precinct 4.
d. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for employee in Sheriff’s Office to carry over 38.50 unused vacation hours earned in Fiscal Year 2015-2016.
e. Approval to accept a donation to the Austin County EMS per LGC 81 .032.
7. Consideration and possible action to authorize amendment of current contract between Ash Britt, Inc. and Austin County for debris removal.
8. Sheriffs Activity Report – January 2017
9. Consideration and possible action to authorize employee to attend Texas EMS Coordinator Course in Galveston on April 19-21.
10. Consideration and possible action to authorize employee to attend Texas EMS Educators Summit in Galveston on April 21-22.
11 . Discussion regarding replacing copier in EMS with a Ricoh MP3054SP and action as appropriate.
12. Discussion regarding a buyout and a monthly service agreement to Precision Printing for existing copier and action as appropriate.
13. Discussion regarding replacing copier in JP#3 with a Ricoh C307SPF to be taken out of Justice of the Peace Technology Fund and action as appropriate.
14. Discussion regarding credit card for County Judge’s office for emergencies and action as appropriate.
15. Discussion regarding Precinct buildings damaged by wind and action as appropriate.
16. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of 2 office chairs for Knox Library out of Capital Funds.
17. Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
b. Budget Amendments
c. County Auditor’s
d. County Treasurer
i. Payroll & Escrow Report
18. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County Offices.
a. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2 & 4 – January 2017
EXECUTIVE SESSION – A closed meeting will be held concerning the following items:
1. Deliberation regarding Real Property. (This is in accordance with the Texas Government Code Section 551.072).
19. Action as appropriate on Executive Session
20. Commissioners Court Inquiry.