The McLennan County Small Landowner Educational Series will start Aug. 22 in Waco. The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service event, in partnership with McLennan Community College Continuing Education, will cover the basics of owning land, running a new agriculture operation, and everything between.
The five-part program will take place each Monday through Sept. 26. All meetings will be from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the AgriLife Extension office in McLennan County, 4224 Cobbs Drive. There will be no class on Labor Day, Sept. 5.
The cost is $49 for the series. Register at https://tx.ag/SmallLandowner. Participants may also attend virtually. Once registered, virtual meeting information will be provided.
Call the AgriLife Extension office in McLennan County at 254-757-5180 for questions or additional information.
Small landowner session dates, focus and topics
- Aug. 22, Property Taxes and Local Resources. Topics: Local Agencies, What is Texas A&M AgriLife? and Property Tax Valuations.
- Aug. 29, Property Management Overview. Topics: Natural Resources Conservation Service programs, Forage Production and Livestock Production 101.
- Sept. 12, Wildlife and Pond Management. Topics: Wildlife Management and Basic Pond Management.
- Sept. 19, Horticulture and Beekeeping. Topics: Fruit and Nut Trees, Gardening 101 and Beekeeping 101.
- Sept. 26, Business Planning 101. Topics: Business Planning for Small Acreage Farms and Liability and Insurance Needs for Landowners.