The Austin County Commissioner’s Court met Monday May 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM to discuss county business. The following video is of those proceedings.
1. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
2. Presentation by Texas AgriLife Extension.
3. Consideration and possible action to authorize one-time variance from Subdivision Regulations to subdivide 1 acre out of 2.000 acres on FM 3013 in Precinct 4.
4. Consideration and possible action to authorize one-time variance from Subdivision Regulations to subdivide 2.000 acres out of 59.032 acres on Burger Ln in Precinct 2.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Approve Minutes
i. March 28, 2016
ii. April 11, 2016
b. Consideration and possible action to approve application for required schooling reimbursement for Bryan Haevischer, held April 18-21, 2016 in Austin, Texas.
c. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for employee in Sheriff’s Office to carryover 84.50 unused vacation hours earned in Fiscal Year 2014-2015 through August 31, 2016.
d. Consideration and possible action to accept donation to the Austin County EMS for the Shattered Dreams Program per Local Government Code 81 .032.
e. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for employee in Justice of the Peace, 3 to carryover 16 unused vacation hours earned in Fiscal Year 2014-2015 through June 30, 2016.
f. Consideration and possible action to authorize Resolution for Homeland Security Grant to purchase Motorola Radios for Law Enforcement.
6. Discussion and possible action regarding 2005 Ford F-150 Sheriff’s Department vehicle.
7. Discussion and possible action on sale of fireworks for Memorial Day (May 30).
8. Discussion on basement meeting room flooring and action as appropriate.
9. Discussion on leak repair and sealant replacement on the Austin County Courthouse and action as appropriate.
10. Discussion on roof at the Austin County Tax Office and action as appropriate.
11 . Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Budget Amendments
i. Amend line item for patrol car finance
ii. Sheriff’s Office Personnel
b. Payment of Claims
c. County Auditor’s review of finances
d. County Treasurer
i. Payroll & Escrow Report Bank Statement
ii. Austin County Payroll Account
iii. 2nd Quarter 2015-2016 Reconciled
12. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County Offices.
a. Jail Population Report – April 2016
b. Constable, Precinct 2 & 3 – April 2016
c. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1 & 3 – April 2016
d. On-Site Sewage Facility – April 2016
e. County & District Clerks’ Association of Texas Certificate for Carrie Gregor, County Clerk
13. Commissioners Court Inquiry.