Awards Are in the Air for O’ Bryant Primary and O’ Bryant Intermediate: Walk Across Texas – 2016
Walk Across Texas, officially concluded weeks ago with the Bellville Independent School District but it is our honor to recognize the success of the program at O’Bryant Primary and O’Bryant Intermediate! Because of their tireless efforts, 58,535 miles were recorded this year. On behalf of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service of Austin County, Texas A&M School for Rural Public Health and the Austin County Family and Consumer Sciences Advisory Committee, we would like to extend another hearty congratulation to each and every participant who participated in this year’s eight week walking program.
Without further ado, this year’s ending results are as follows:
- O’Bryant Primary –38,101 miles and
- O’Bryant Intermediate – 20,434 miles
Kindergarten results are:
- Mrs. Davis–1,448 miles;
- Mrs. Crelia – 1,327 miles; and
- Mrs. Hardin – 1,117 miles.
First grade results are:
- Mrs. Newman – 1,862 miles;
- Mrs. Graham -1,650 miles; and
- Mrs. Locke – 1,328 miles.
Second grade results are:
- Mrs. Peschel– 4,745 miles;
- Mrs. Ables – 1,682 miles and
- Mrs. Malota – 871 miles.
Third grade results are:
- Mrs. Springer – 2,769 miles;
- Mrs. Charpiot – 2,310 miles; and
- Mrs. Lewis – 2,221 miles.
Fourth grade results are:
- Mrs. Lange – 2,688 miles;
- Mrs. Yantis – 1,563 miles; and
- Mrs. Diezi – 1,557 miles.
Fifth grade results are:
- Mrs. Lewis – 2,729 miles;
- Mrs. Krupala – 2,227 miles; and
- Mrs. Krueger – 2,022 miles
Walk Across Texas is a fun and flexible way to get physically active and we hope that each of you have created a healthy habit that will last a lifetime. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Extension Office. Congratulations everyone on a job well done!