The Austin County Soil & Water Conservation District held its 2016 Banquet of Champions on Thursday, May 19, 2016, at the Cat Spring Agricultural Society Hall. The Master of Ceremonies for the evening was Charles Goeke. Pastor Kevin Haug of St. John Lutheran Church, Cat Spring, gave the invocation and benediction.
CONSERVATION EDUCATION AWARD
The Austin County SWCD #347 2016 Conservation Education Award was presented to – Rod Vincent
The Conservation Education Award was presented to Rod Vincent by Kenneth Blezinger, Director of the Austin County Soil & Water Conservation District.
CONSERVATION WILDLIFE AWARD
Austin County SWCD #347
2016 Conservation Education Award
was presented to
Jacob Diezi, IV
The Conservation Education Award was presented to Jacob Diezi, IV by Henry Dirba, Jr., Director of the Austin County Soil & Water Conservation District.
Each year the District sponsors a POSTER and ESSAY contest for children enrolled in schools in Austin County. The POSTER contest was open to students 12 years old or younger. The theme was “Local Heroes – Your Hardworking Pollinators”. Pollinators are a very important part of the web of life upon which we all depend. Pollinators provide a majority of the food we consume and help maintain our environment. Agricultural production depends on pollinators to produce human food production worldwide. We can’t live without pollinators.
The ESSAY contest was open to students, 18 years or younger. The essay title this year was “How Soil & Water Conservation Helps Feed The World”.
The District Contest Winners are as follows:
POSTER CONTEST WINNERS-“Local Heroes-Your Hardworking Pollinators”
- 1st Place – Janice Kim, Brazos Elementary
- 2nd Place – Colin Stubbs, Brazos Elementary
- 3rd Place – Alaina Mager, Brazos Elementary
- 1st Place – Ava Tiemann, West End Elementary
- 2nd Place – Lydia Huebner, West End Elementary
- 3rd Place – Kenya Enriquez, O,Bryant Primary
Essay Contest Winners – 2016
- 1st Place – Jordan Jackson, Bellville High School
- 2nd Place – Gabriel Janish, Bellville High School
- 3rd Place – Conner Newmann, Bellville High School