Austin County Commissioners Court – October 13, 2014
1. Proclamations and Special Recognitions.
a. Colonial Texas Heritage Day Proclamation
b. Czech Heritage Month
c. Domestic Violence Awareness Month
d. Breast Cancer Awareness Month
e. German American Month
f. Chamber of Commerce Week
00:01:50 – 00:22:13 of the video
2. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
(In accordance with the Texas Attorney General’s opinion, any public comment that is made on an item that is not on the posted final agenda will only be heard by the Commissioners Court. No formal action, discussion, deliberation, nor comment will be made by the Commissioners Court.)
00:22:13 – 00:24:27 of the video
3. Update by Colorado Valley Transit.
00:24:27 – 00:28:05 of the video
4. Consideration and possible action to adopt Consent Agenda Format.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Transmittal of Minutes – September 15, 2014
b. Consideration and possible action to authorize agreement for temporary access between Lindemann Holdings, c/o James Lindemann and Austin County Precinct 2 to clean ditch and improve drainage.
c. Consideration and possible action to authorize agreement for temporary access between Dwayne Schulz and Austin County Precinct 2 to clean ditch and improve drainage.
d. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of Commissioners Court Binder out of Records Management 137-010-0000 in the amount of $173.63.
e. Consideration and possible action to accept Chapter 59 Asset Forfeiture report for:
i. Travis Koehn, District Attorney
ii. Virgil Price, Constable, Precinct 1
iii. Dave Schulz, Constable, Precinct 2
iv. Ronnie Griffin, Constable, Precinct 3
00:28:05 – 00:29:26 of the video
6. Consideration and possible action to authorize County Judge to release Bonds No. 8349 and 8337 from Principal Halcon Energy Properties, Inc. to Austin County dated 7/31/12 and 8/22/12, and authorize County Judge to sign any supporting documentation.
00:29:26 – 00:30:10 of the video
7. Consideration and possible action to authorize shelving for Knox Library for an amount not to exceed $1,045 out of 115-010-0000 special Knox Library account.
00:30:10 – 00:30:48 of the video
8. Consideration and possible action to authorize the following payments in conjunction with Sealy Chamber of Commerce 1 Convention Visitors Bureau out of Economic Development Capital Credit 101-128-4888 for partial payments:
a. New Interstate 10 sign (Cross promotion Alamo, Texas Independence Trail & San Felipe de Austin SHS) for an amount not to exceed $500.00
b. Annual Membership in Texas Independence Trail for an amount not to exceed $500.00
c. Support to promote and advertise the Stephen F. Austin State Park and San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site) for an amount not to exceed $500.00
00:30:48 – 00:31:36 of the video
9. Consideration and possible action to authorize Meal Allowance for Sheriff flaw enforcement overnight transports.
00:31:36 – 00:32:07 of the video
10. Consideration and possible action to authorize $200 clothing allowance per quarter for law enforcement investigators as plain clothes officers.
00:32:07 – 00:34:38 of the video
11. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of computers for environmental enforcement officer and jail captain for an amount not to exceed $1,240.60 each.
00:34:38 – 00:35:30 of the video
12. Discussion regarding request for supporting equipment for environmental enforcement position and action as appropriate.
00:35:30 – 00:37:18 of the video
13. Consideration and possible action to authorize Finance Contract by and between Austin County and Government Capital Corporation for the purpose of procurement of vehicle for environmental enforcement officer and related equipment.
00:37:18 – 00:39:49 of the video
14. Consideration and possible action to appoint Randy Reichardt to the Texana Board representing Austin and Colorado Counties.
00:39:49 – 00:40:52 of the video
15. Consideration and possible action to adopt Proclamation by the Commissioners Court of Austin County, Texas, expressing appreciation to the Texas Legislature, the Governor of Texas, the Texas Transportation Commission, and the Texas Department of Transportation for their creation and support of the County Transportation Infrastructure Fund Grant Program.
00:40:52 – 00:41:32 of the video
16. Consideration and possible action to authorize contract for services for Austin County Veterans Service Officer.
00:41:32 – 00:42:52 of the video
17. Consideration and possible action to authorize County Judge to sign documentation for the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) reimbursements for cost incurred in participating in the Interlibrary Loan program.
00:42:52 – 00:43:43 of the video
18. Consideration and possible action to make corrections and clarify order adopting annual compensation for the 2014-15 Fiscal Year as indicated.
00:43:43 – 00:55:25 of the video
19. Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
b. Budget Amendments allocating unappropriated funds for any increases or decreases in line items
00:55:25 – 01:07:45 of the video
c. County Auditor’s review of finances
d. County Treasurer review of finances
i. Austin County Payroll & Escrow Report Bank Statement
01:07:45 – 01:19:27 of the video