Austin County Commissioners Court – April 10, 2017 [VIDEO]
The Austin County Commissioners Court met Monday April 10, 2017 at 9 AM to discuss county business.
1. Proclamations and Special Recognition’s.
a. Child Abuse Prevention Month
b. Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
2. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
3. Consideration and possible action to award construction contract for Old Highway 36 and Old Nelsonville Road Rehabilitation to Angel Brothers Enterprises in the amount of
$2,465,180.15, and to execute a change order in the amount of $880,247.00 for a net
contract amount of $1 ,584,753.15.
4. Consideration and possible action to authorize one-time variance from Subdivision
Regulations to subdivide 2 tracts out of 7.4863 acres on Tower Road in Precinct 4.
5. Consideration and possible action to approve schooling for Billy Doherty, County Auditor
and Tinson Rasbury, to be held May 2 – 5, 2017 in Austin, Texas.
6. Consideration and possible action to authorize depository notice for the public funds of
Austin County from June 2017 – 2021.
7. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single
motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Approval of Minutes
i. March 13, 2017
ii. March 27, 2017
b. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for Sheriff’s
Department employee to carry over 122 hours of unused vacation hours earned
in 2015-2016 to be used by August 31, 2017.
c. Consideration and possible action to accept 2 donations to the Austin County
Sheriffs Office per Local Government Code 81.032.
d. Consideration and possible action approve agreement for temporary access
between Jerry Mahon and Austin County Precinct 2 to clean ditch and improve
e. Consideration and possible action to approve Right-of-Way installation by
Industry Telephone Company on Richter Road & Hofheinz Road in Precinct 2.
8. Discussion and possible action on sale of fireworks for Memorial Day (May 29).
9. Discussion regarding hiring of Class B employee in Precinct 3 and action as appropriate.
10. Discussion regarding services being offered by the Austin County Sheriffs Office
Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division and action as appropriate.
11. Consideration and possible aclion to approve contract for election services between
Austin County and City of Sealy for election held on May 6, 2017.
12. Consideration and possible action to approve contract for election services between
Austin County and City of Bellville for election held on May 6, 2017.
13. Discussion regarding funeral leave and action as appropriate.
14. Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
b. Budget Amendments
c. County Auditor’s
d. County Treasurer
i. Payroll & Escrow Report
15. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County Offices.
a. Constable, Precinct 2 – March 2017
b. Austin County Library System – March 2017
c. Jail Population Report – March 2017
d. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 3 – March 2017
e. Texas AgriLife – January – February 2017
f. On-Site Sewage Facility – March 2017
EXECUTIVE SESSION – A closed meeting will be held concerning the following items:
1. Deliberation regarding Real Property. (This is in accordance with the Texas
Government Code Section 551.087).
2. Personnel Matters. (This is in accordance with the Texas Government Code Section
16. Action as appropriate on Executive Session
17. Commissioners Court Inquiry.