Sealy City Council – March 28, 2017
The City of Sealy City Council met Tuesday March 28, 2017 to discuss city business. The following video is of that meeting.
1. Call to Order
3. U. S. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Texas Pledge of Allegiance
5. Roll Call and Certification of a Quorum.
6. Discussion and possible action to approve the agenda.
7. Proclamations and Special Recognitions
a. Child Abuse Prevention Month
b. Autism Awareness
8. Petition(s) and/or Request(s) from the Public.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
- Discussion and possible action regarding approval of minutes for the following meeting:
(1) January 24, 2017
(2) March 14, 2017
10. Discussion and possible action to approve a resolution of which the caption reads:
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SEALY, TEXAS, AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO EXECUTE A CONTRACT FOR ELECTION SERVICES BY AND BETWEEN SAID CITY AND AUSTIN COUNTY, TEXAS, FOR THE PURPOSE OF FURNISHING CERTAIN ELECTION EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION.
11. Presentation regarding the Mark A. Chapman Indoor Recreation Facility.
12. Discussion and possible action to approve the sale of alcohol at Liedertafel Hall by Sealy Area Historical Society on April 8, 2017.
13. Discussion and possible action to approve a resolution of which the caption reads:
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SEALY, TEXAS, OPPOSING TEXAS COMMISSION ON ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY (TCEQ) PROPOSED PERMIT NUMBER 2388, APPLICATION AND INTENT TO OBTAIN NEW MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE PERMIT, BY SOUTHWASTE DISPOSAL. LLC, OF HOUSTON, TEXAS
14. Discussion and possible action to direct the city manager and city staff to discuss, with the Town of San Felipe, an exchange of extraterritorial jurisdiction areas (“ETJ swap”) related to the area of Bartlett Road and Brazos Ten Lane (the location of the solid waste composting facility proposed by SouthWaste Disposal, LLC), to allow annexation and code enforcement by the City of Sealy.
15. Discussion and possible action to direct city staff to develop guidelines regulating solid waste composting within the city limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Sealy.
16. Discussion and possible action regarding the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) public meeting regarding the TCEQ’s “Combined Notice of Public Meeting and Notice of Application and Preliminary Decision for Municipal Solid Waste Compost Permit, Proposed Permit No. 2388”, to be held at 7:00 pm on Monday, April 17, 2017, at the Sealy American Legion Hall.
17. Discussion and possible action to authorize the City Manager to advertise to solicit bids for management of the Irene Le Blanc Swimming Pool.
18. Discussion and possible action regarding implementation of a paperless agenda process.
19. Discussion and possible action to authorize burn permits for 1151 San Felipe Road and 901 FM 2187.
20. WORKSHOP: A workshop will be held regarding employee pay scales.
21. EXECUTIVE SESSION: A closed meeting will be held concerning the following item(s):
a. Discussion pertaining to economic development pursuant to Section 551.087 of the Texas Government Code.
b. Discussion pertaining to real estate pursuant to Section 551.072 of the Texas Government Code.
c. Consultation with City Attorney concerning a matter in which the duty of the attorney requires it pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code.
22. Reconvene into regular session and consider action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
23. Discussion and possible action to authorize the city manager to transfer the deed for the IH-10 Frontage Road land to the Texas Department of Transportation.
24. Discussion and possible action to authorize a burn permit on property located on the northeast corner of Rexville Road and IH-10.
25. Request(s) for future agenda items and comment(s).
26. City Manager’s report:
- City project updates