The Austin County Commissioners Court met Monday January 23, 2017 at 9 AM to discuss county business.
1. Proclamations and Special Recognitions.
a. Austin County Mentor Month with Raising Academic Performance
2. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
3. Discussion with regarding accepting private bids on resale offers.
9:30 A.M. Open Bid Proposals
4. Open bid proposals for Crushed Concrete, and action as appropriate.
5. Discussion regarding household waste from Precinct 1 barn, and action as appropriate.
6. Discussion regarding disposing of scrap metal from Precinct 1 barn, and action as appropriate.
7. Discussion on leasing of tractors for Precinct 1, and action as appropriate.
8. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Approval of Minutes
i. December 27,2016
ii. January 1. 2017
iii. January 9, 2017
b. Consideration and possible action to approve bond for Austin County Drainage District for:
i. J. Frank Monk
ii. Gordon Goebel
9. Consideration and possible action to appoint members to the Austin County Historical Commission per Local Government Chapter 318.002.
10. Sheriff Activity Report – December 2016
11. Discussion on purchasing of patrol vehicles and action as appropriate.
12. Discussion regarding Flex Spending Account and action as appropriate.
13. Consideration and possible action to authorize inter-local agreement between Harris County and Austin County for services to be provided by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences for postmortem examinations through December 31, 2017.
14. Consideration and possible action to authorize request for proposals to audit all County Funds for Year ended September 30, 2016 and prepare and submit Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) to Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA).
15. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchases for Precinct 1 Barn:
a. HP ProBook 650 G2 Notebook PC
b. HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdw Wireless AII-in-One Printer
16. Discussion regarding replacing copier in JP#1 with a Ricoh MP501 SPF and action as appropriate.
17. Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
b. Budget Amendments
c. County Auditor
d. County Treasurer
i. 1st Quarter 2016-2017 Investment Report Reconciled
ii. Payroll & Escrow Report
iii. October 2016 Reconciled Report
18. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County Offices.
a. Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2 & 4 – December 2016
b. County Court – December 2016
19. Commissioners Court Inquiry.