Austin County Commissioners Court August 25, 2014
1. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
2. Health Insurance Review by UMR Representative and Don Wallace.
00:01:20 – 00:53:41 of the video
3. Discussion regarding need for burn ban and action as appropriate.
00:53:41 – 00:57:00 of the video
4. Consideration and possible action to adopt Consent Agenda Format.
5. CONSENT AGENDA -Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Transmittal of Minutes:
i. July 28, 2014
i. August 4, 2014
b. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of official record binders out of Records Management 137-010-0000 in the amount of $163.41.
c. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of red ribbon out of Records Management 137-010-0000 in the amount of $118.00.
d. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for Sheriff employee to carry over 62.25 hours of unused vacation hours earned in Fiscal Year 2013-2014 through October 31, 2014.
e. Consideration and possible action to authorize hardship variance for Sheriff employee to carryover 31 hours of unused vacation hours earned in Fiscal Year 2012-13 through September 30,2014.
f. Consideration and possible action to authorize Resolution authorizing county grant for the Texas Department of Agriculture Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program.
g. Consideration and possible action to declare surplus equipment in Precinct 4:
i. Water Truck
iii. Other items
00:57:00 – 00:58:54 of the video
6. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of Tahoe vehicle for EMS Supervisor out of Tobacco Litigation Fund 192-010-0000.
00:58:54 – 00:59:59 of the video
7. Consideration and possible action to authorize one-time variance from Subdivision Regulations to sell house and 10 acres out of 11 .85 acre tract located at 10152 FM 949 in Precinct 3.
00:59:59 – 01:02:20 of the video
8. Consideration and possible action to acknowledge the completion of the one-year maintenance period and accept the road and drainage improvements in Precinct One in Kenneywood Subdivision into the County’s road maintenance system as of July 24,2014.
01:02:20 – 01:03:10 of the video
9. Consideration and possible action to amend Austin County Sheriff Forfeiture Fund Budget to reflect inmate housing and other expenditures.
01:06:58 – 01:10:53 of the video
10. Sheriffs Activity Report -July 2014.
Items 9 & 10 were moved to later in the meeting and covered from:
01:10:53 – 01:16:54 of the video
11. Consideration and possible action to ratify County Clerk Preservation and Restoration Records Plan amended January 1, 2014.
01:04:03 – 01:05:55 of the video
12. Consideration and possible action to authorize County Judge Carolyn Bilski to sign Release of Judgment Lien for Cause #2013L-5847 in the County Court at Law.
01:05:55 – 01:06:40 of the video
13. Budget workshop and action as appropriate.
01:16:54 – 02:36:15 of the video
14. Budgetary and Financial Claims -action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
b. Budget Amendments
c. County Auditor’s review of finances
d. County Treasurer review of finances
i. Payroll & Escrow Report Bank Statement
ii Payroll & Escrow Report
02:36:15 – 02:52:52 of the video
15. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County
a. Justice of The Peace -Precinct 2 -July 2014
b. Constable, Precincts 1 & 4
c. Tax Assessor-Collector -July 2014
d. 155th District Court -July 2014
e. Texas AgriLife -May-June-July 2014
f. On-Site Sewage Facility -July 2014
g. Order of General Election
16. Commissioners Court Inquiry.