Austin County Commissioners Court – January 12, 2015
The Austin County Commissioners Court met Monday January 12, 2015 at 9:00 AM to discuss county business. The following video is of those proceedings.
1. Petitions or Requests from the Public.
2. Consideration and possible action to approve the final plat of London Addition in Precinct 2.
3. Consideration and possible action to authorize one-time variance from Subdivision Regulations to subdivide 1 acre with home from a 2.74 acres tract on Highway 159 East in Precinct 1.
4. Consideration and possible action to adopt Consent Agenda Format.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – Items listed are of routine nature and may be acted on in a single motion unless requested otherwise by member of Commissioners Court.
a. Transmittal of Minutes
i. December 8, 2014
ii. December 15, 2014
b. Consideration and possible action to approve bonds of
i. Daniel W. Leedy, County Court at Law Judge
ii. Wilfred W. Krause, Justice of The Peace, Precinct 2
c. Consideration and possible action to approve bond for Austin County Drainage District for Andrew F. Sowa.
d. Consideration and possible action to authorize purchase of laptop for Constable, Precinct 4 James Clark out of capital outlay.
e. Consideration and possible action to appoint Debbie Heckmann to Austin County Emergency Services District 3 Board for a two year term.
6. Consideration and possible action to authorize HGAC End User Agreement between Austin County and Witt O’Brien’s, LLC.
7. Discussion regarding air conditioning repairs at Austin County Jail and action as appropriate.
8. Discussion regarding roofing repairs at Austin County Jail and action as appropriate.
00:14:17 – 00:25:11 of the video
9. Sheriff’s Activity Report – November & December 2014
10. Consideration and possible action to appoint members to the Austin County Historical Commission per Local Government Code, Chapter 318.002.
11. Consideration and possible action to make appointments to the Salary Grievance Committee per Local Government Code 152.014.
12. Discussion of possible easement of a road at BAE Systems off of Pyka Road in Precinct 3 and action as appropriate.
13. Discussion regarding HVAC at Wendt Street Building and action as appropriate.
14. Discussion regarding repairs to the 2″” floor restroom hallway and action as appropriate.
15. Discussion on EMS Station in Sealy and action as appropriate.
16. Budgetary and Financial Claims – action as appropriate.
a. Payment of Claims
00:57:11 – 01:17:23 of the video
b. Budget Amendments
c. County Auditor’s review of finances
d. County Treasurer review of finances
i. Payroll & Escrow Report
ii. September 2014 Reconciled Report – Amended
17. Written end-of-the month reports submitted by County Offices.
a. Tax Assessor-Collector – November 2014
b. Constable Precinct 3 – December 2014
c. County Court – November 2014
d. Justice ofThe Peace, Precinct 1, 3 and 4
e. Austin County Jail Population Report – December 2014
f. Austin County Library System – December 2014